Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year = New Goals!

Introducing...  my EAT YOGA blog!

I am very excited about this blog I created this morning! I want to blog about good food & recipes, good work outs & yoga studios, and many other interests in my life! Having a blog is a great way to hold yourself accountable and for those reading it to hold you accountable as well! So, here we go 2010, bring it on!

Yesterday was January 1, 2010 and I enjoyed a long 3 mile walk with my fabulous mom, then ran a few miles at the gym! I had lots of holiday calories I wanted to work off! But, the holidays this year were wonderful, I enjoyed visiting family in East Texas, and relaxing in Austin from Christmas Eve into the New Year! Lots of good food and drink and fun with friends and family!

Today, I am reading "The Paleo Diet" book just as research for myself and because lots of my fellow employees at work live by this book and I am interested to see what all the fuss is about! Thanks to Jen C. for lending it to me! I have a lot of goals which I am hoping to accomplish in 2010 such as:

1) Reading a new book every 30 days by: January 1, 2010 (*Currently reading: Why We Buy & The Paleo Diet)

2) Being promoted to a key leader at lululemon athletica (where I work) by: February 2010

3) Completing my first ever 1/2 marathon at the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in Dallas, TX by: March 14, 2010

4) Rock Climbing indoors/outdoors once a week by: February 2010

5) Complete a sushi rolling class at Whole Foods by: March 2010

6) Move into an apartment with a roomate in South Austin by: June 2010

7) Educating myself on nutrition through books and workshops by: August 2010

8) Begin training for my yoga teacher certification by: November 2010

I can do all of those things, I just need to keep my eye on the ball and surround myself with relationships which will hold me to my goals and will help lift me up when I need support! I am so excited about accomplishing all of these goals and so what are you waiting for? Go set yours too and get them out there for others to read so that you can achieve them faster! :)

Happy New Year and Have a Great Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment